This position(s) will support one of the US National Laboratories’ enterprise-wide implementation of the corporate Issues Management process.
- Work with Training and Development to develop the corporate Issues Management training classes along with continuous improvement of that class (or classes).
- Act as subject matter expert for the enterprise wide implementation of the corporate Issues Management process.
- Serve as trainer for Issues Management.
- Work with Divisions to establish Review Boards to monitor progress on high significant issues and resolve issues that are escalated.
- Recommend and implement improvements to Issues Management process driven by new regulations, industry standards, new technologies, and internal business needs.
- Analyze data trends to monitor the effectiveness of the Issues Management process and drive remediation for improvement.
- Conduct causal analysis as requested, especially for high significant issues.
- Facilitate discussions with Issue owners to drive completion of investigations, causal analysis, impact analysis, and closure of events.
- Monitor investigations and approvals to ensure that all the required information is captured and documented with relation to events.
- Perform periodic trend analysis and corrective action effectiveness measures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in external and internal regulatory compliance inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or regulatory discipline required.
- 5+ years in managing Issues Management and Causal Analysis
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- DOE Q clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with tools such as 5 Why’s, Ishikawa, Six Sigma, Process Excellence tools.
- Experience with documentation and technical writing skills, in a regulated compliance environment.
- Skill and ability to facilitate at various levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically with big picture in mind
- Ability to analyze complex situations, events and provide reasonable solutions
- Ability to lead cooperative efforts among line organizations or stakeholders to resolve risk evaluation and mitigation plans
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with Microsoft systems (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project) and Corrective Action Tracking tool.
- Strong influencing, negotiations and leading without direct line authority experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and implement resolutions to problems
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of Issues Management process and associated regulations and standards, including DOE Order 226.1b and ISO 9001.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail; strong questioning and listening skills; and the ability to look beyond obvious answers to understand the impact on other areas is required.
- Ability to make effective presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in both a collaborative (team) environment as well as perform independent work as required.
- The proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines is required.
- Ability to communicate between various organizations and work with multifunctional teams.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and employees.
KeySource Thomas Thor has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. All information exchanged and related to this role is considered proprietary and will be managed through:
Nuclear Recruiting Specialist, Executive Search