The Contractor assurance professionals support the deployment of an integrated set of contractor assurance system (CAS) processes that enable management by fact, continuous learning and improvement across all mission areas, operations and mission support, with an overall focus on improving mission delivery.
Primary duties include:
- Ensures all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; maintains required safety, security and operational training; assures procedural and regulatory compliance; and makes safety, security and quality an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Supports the designs, deployment and operation of CAS systems and supporting tools for performance improvement, commitment management, measures, assessments, lessons learned, risk characterization, issues and corrective actions management, and process improvement to enable fact- and databased executive management decisions
- Provides training to staff and coaching and advice to our management customers.
- Represents management customers, as requested, to present their opinions and direction.
- Facilitates collaboration and coordination to solve complex performance challenges using CAS.
- Researches, assembles, and/or evaluates information or data regarding industry practices or applicable regulatory changes affecting contractor assurance policies and programs; recommends sound, practical solutions to complex issues.
- Understands CAS related contractual requirements and assists management with implementation.
- Understands and adheres to and coaches on Sandia and regulatory requirements specific to contractor assurance.
- Ensures all results, processes, and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements including cost, scope, and schedule.
- Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Bachelors’ degree in appropriate discipline; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for a DOE Access Authorization (DOE Q Clearance)
- Complete understanding and knowledge of the full suite of contractor assurance processes and best practices and their integration into a management system.
- Skill and ability to function as an advisor/mentor to Sandia management in developing and facilitating organizational approaches and priorities for contractor assurance implementation.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of Sandia management, staff, subject matter experts and external agencies.
- Strong analytical skills to perform assessments and identify and evaluate issues and risks that could impede Sandia from meeting mission objectives and requirements.
- Skill and ability to independently develop and administer schedules and performance requirements, and to integrate them into systems.
- Ability to lead cooperative efforts among line organizations or CAS stakeholders to resolve contractor assurance problems and tailor CAS policies, procedures and implementation activities.
- Skill and ability to facilitate at various levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically with big picture in min
- Ability to analyze complex situations, events and provide reasonable solutions
- Ability to lead cooperative efforts among line organizations or stakeholders to resolve risk evaluation and mitigation plans
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with Microsoft systems (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project) and Corrective Action Tracking tool.
- Strong influencing, negotiations and leading without direct line authority experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and implement resolutions to problems
- Adheres to the corporate values of the hiring organization
KeySource Thomas Thor has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. All information exchanged and related to this role is considered proprietary and will be managed through: