Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market focused on designing, building, maintaining and advancing the global nuclear fleet. In North America, Framatome Inc. combines U.S. and Canadian leadership to deliver innovative solutions and value-added technologies to support the operation of the commercial nuclear fleet and prepare for the next generation of nuclear power plants. Leveraging the expertise of its 2,300 North American employees, Framatome Inc. is helping its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome’ s Installed Base (IB) Business Unit supports the operating nuclear fleet by providing a comprehensive range of services, solutions and products based on the most advanced and continuously improved technologies to more than 250 worldwide reactors covering all technology types. The Installed Base team offers products, services and solutions to enhance the availability and competitiveness of nuclear facilities worldwide, while strengthening safety conditions.
Opportunity: Framatome is seeking a Vice President, Installed Base (IB) Sales with proven experience leveraging critical relationships and developing innovative strategies to promote market presence. The VP, IB Sales will be responsible for sales of Engineering Solutions, Outage Services and Component Upgrades and Products primarily focused on the North American nuclear operating fleet with an ancillary focus on international sales. The VP, IB Sales will be a passionate leader and drive the sales team to develop business opportunities and achieve strategic objectives. This individual will be a key member of the US Installed Base Leadership Team and will contribute to long range business objectives.
Reporting To: Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Installed Base
Direct Reports: 7 Sales Managers / Directors organized by business line
Dotted line to Head of Sales, SGT
Total organization: 35 – 40 Team Members
Location: Lynchburg, VA
- Develops, leverages and optimizes critical relationships within the nuclear power industry to promote market presence and access to targeted work scopes.
- Formulates and implements programs, plans, procedures and management strategies to achieve both long and short-term strategic objectives.
- Directs product development and innovation to ensure the operation or product line(s) remain competitive.
- Provides goals, objectives and standards of performance for the group that are necessary to reach the required level of performance to carry out the mission.
- Introduces and uses management techniques that help employees contribute to the operations and / or product line(s) key objectives.
- Produces a business plan or investment study so that the operations and/or product line(s) meet corporate financial targets.
- Develops and implements annual strategic planning effort and keeps current with quarterly business reviews related to strategy, changes in market conditions, etc. Strategic plan should support the revenue and GM forecast.
- Issues the annual sales, marketing, and account strategic plan with a three year look ahead.
- Develops business cases for leadership review for key orders before the RFQ is received. Identifies which business cases to develop before they appear obvious to us and the customer.
- Maintains a vibrant competitor watch, customer watch, technology watch, and economy watch in order to allow us to keep ahead of the competition, and our customer’s needs.
- Lead our strategic direction in line with our ten-year vision and drives our major opportunity long term analysis and development.
- Leads major customer perception development efforts and the marketing introduction of new products and services via the use of business communication tools, conferences and any and all other resources available to impact customer perceptions of Framatome and our products and their price worthiness.
- Assists the sectors in setting customer/market price expectations before the product is proposed.
- Proposes long-term product creation processes and programs to achieve the long range business objectives. Implements the “toll gate” product development process.
- As part of the senior management team, maintains key customer relationships based on business need.
- Drives the creation of enhanced marketing team knowledge, staffing and skills to fully support all business objectives.
- Holds subordinates firmly accountable for clearly written goals and schedules.
- Drives product creation, opportunity development, business case analysis, product marketing, and long-range forecasting to achieve the annual closed order and closed order GM goal for the IB organization.
- Strong interface skills within the North American organization, the European organization, and the International Marketing Department are essential.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 15-17 years of related experience in the nuclear field or closely related to power generation.
- Superior leadership and change management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management. The position interfaces actively with key senior US Framatome executives, key Framatome European executives, all of the North American Framatome Account Executives and all key Sector and Business Unit executives and business development managers.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly, and work well as part of a team.
- Strong technical background
- Demonstrated effective strategic planning
- Well-developed and demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to provide consistent structure and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing processes, business case analysis approached and effective modern marketing approaches for corporate image creation and product introduction.
- Good knowledge of product pricing strategies.
- Strong internal interpersonal and interaction skills in order to be able to quickly influence direction without direct control.
- Advanced knowledge of technical products and services as well as general knowledge of competitor products.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening); the ability to work effectively with all levels of internal corporate staff and management.
- Ability to develop, motivate and support effective strategic analysis, competitor analysis and marketing teams.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Able to develop and communicate a clear vision.
- Ability to hire, build, train and adjust staff in order to ensure the best performing staff.
- Successful experience working in an international matrixed corporation.
Education: Engineering / Engineering Technology degree or equivalent experience. An advanced business-related degree or an advanced engineering degree may be substituted for related work experience (MBA 1-2yrs., MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs.).
Certification: Experience with Lean methodologies or other Operational Excellence tools, ideal
Compensation: The appropriate candidate will be offered competitive compensation, benefits, housing allowance, relocation and other provisions common in international assignments.
Contact Information: KeySource Thomas Thor has been selected to conduct this search. All information exchanged and related to this role is considered proprietary and will managed through: