Our Confidential Client is a large public power provider and relies on a flexible mix of energy sources – fossil, hydro, renewables, and nuclear power. With multiple nuclear plants, our client powers millions of homes and businesses.
Our Confidential Client is seeking an Operations CFAM to provide corporate oversight and governance of the Operations functional area for our client’s nuclear fleet. The CFAM’s function is to establish metrics, processes and performance oversight to ensure safe, reliable generation to meet system needs and that plant operations are conducted in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies, programs, and procedures; technical Specifications; and federal, state, and local regulations. The CFAM will serve as the peer team leader as the senior manager for the Operations functional area, drive improvement plans to close the gaps, as well as the overall functioning and coordination of peer team activities.
Reports To: GM, Operations Support
Direct Reports: Leads peer team and supervises 1 – 3 individual contributors.
- Serve as the peer team leader and as the senior manager for the Operations functional area.
- Provide strategic initiatives, business plan development and oversight of functional area programs, policies, and processes utilizing assessment reports, performance metrics, and peer groups to assess the health of programs, policies, and processes consistent with industry standards and all state, local and federal regulations.
- Establish and maintain fleet-wide best practices and develop fleet standardized policies, programs, processes, and department description for their functional area.
- Provide strategic initiatives, business plan development and oversight of functional area programs, policies, and processes utilizing assessment reports, performance metrics, and peer groups to assess the health of programs, policies, and processes.
- Provide oversight of site performance related to Site Excellence Plans, and Site Business Plan respective to functional areas.
- Ensure the sharing of “best practices” and operational experience among industry peers, the nuclear sites, and functional areas, driving to industry top quartile performance.
- Proactively manage external relationships with regulatory and industry oversight agencies, utility and industry peers, industry groups, and other advisory groups.
- Periodically review the overall effectiveness of corporate governance, to assure it is being assessed and that corrective actions are being taken to address shortfalls in fleet performance for functional and cross functional areas, related to CFAM governance.
- Elevate issues warranting further monitoring / correction and escalate issues that cannot or are not effectively being resolved.
- Twelve years of experience in the nuclear industry including five years in a position directly related to the responsibility of this role.
- Knowledge of nuclear plant Operations and Operations Training Programs.
- Must have demonstrated successful leadership skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
- SRO or SRO Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably science or engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, with related education, training and experience will be considered.
- Five years’ experience in a supervisory or management position desirable. Previous experience as an Operations Manager or Operations Shift Manager, desired. Site Director level experience, ideal.
The appropriate candidate will be offered competitive compensation, benefits, housing allowance, and relocation.